Periodontology at Dentalex
Periodontology is a branch of dentistry dealing with the prevention and treatment of periodontitis and oral mucosa diseases. Treatments in the field of periodontology also include plastic microsurgery and are aimed at improving the health and aesthetic values of the oral cavity.
Oral health is not just about the teeth. It is also the condition of the tissues that surround the teeth – the gums, mucous membranes and bones. In our clinic, we deal with the treatment of periodontal diseases – periodontopathy, which aims to eliminate problems with hypersensitivity, exposing tooth necks, unpleasant smell from the mouth, bleeding gums and their loosening. Of the many problems with the tissues surrounding the teeth, periodontitis is the most common ailment. All these ailments can lead to tooth loss. Therefore, problems with the gums should not be taken lightly, and the presence of disturbing signals should prompt you to visit a specialist doctor.
We invite you to our clinic in case of the following symptoms:
- redness and sensitivity of the gums to touch;
- bleeding when brushing your teeth or eating;
- reddened swellings around the root of the tooth;
- hypersensitivity of tooth necks to heat and cold;
- moving the gums away from the teeth;
- wobbling and loss of teeth;
- pus coming out from under the gum;
- unpleasant smell from the mouth.
In our clinic, we perform the following treatments in the field of periodontology:
- curettage – cleaning the periodontal pockets of tartar;
- treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa;
- treatment of gum disease;
- treatment of diseases of the temporomandibular joint;
- treatment of cysts in the mouth;
- incision of abscesses;
- cyst removal;
- gum surgery, lifting the smile line;
- lifting of the maxillary sinus;
- covering gingival recessions;
- oral tissue grafts;
- bone reconstruction and soft tissue management;
- tooth root resection.
Health and aesthetics - it's perfect smile line!
In the field of periodontics, we also perform plastic treatments correcting gingival defects, improving, among others, white and red (dento-gingival) aesthetics in cases where we are dealing with too large a fragment of the gum shown in a smile. This is called Gummy Smile. We perform a gum recession, which consists in covering the exposed surface of the root, tightly connecting the transplanted tissues with the tooth surface, and in the end it allows to obtain an aesthetic outline of the gum. It is worth knowing that persistent inflammation of the gums may lead to the need to perform soft tissue plasty.
Our experienced team of professionals cordially invites you to periodontal consultations in order to improve health and beauty.